Learn How To Paint Furniture
We are now accepting registrations for our classes on the following dates:
Sunday, April 2
Sunday, May 21
Sunday, June 4
Class begins at 1 p.m. and goes to approximately 5 p.m.
(includes all supplies plus a project you will complete in class)
If you are new to painting, this class is a great place to start. We teach the tricks the pros use to create beautiful finishes on furniture and other projects. In our class, you practice on sample boards and then put all of your new skills together to create a cute project to take home and enjoy. (see below)
If you are an experienced painter and want to learn new techniques to enhance your projects using chalk and mineral paints, this class is for you too!
You will learn and practice numerous techniques, including:
- 1- and 2-color application
- Two distressing techniques
- Creating a weathered look on new wood
- Dry brushing
- How to mix and apply Saltwash to create texture
- Choosing the best product to seal your project
* * *
The current project for our Learn How to Paint Furniture class is a coat/jewelry rack. Students choose their hooks, paint color(s) and favorite technique(s) to create the rack in class, take home and enjoy. Here are a few of the racks our students painted recently.
Our customers ROCK! Check out this blog post and this one to see the great projects some of our students went home and painted!
* * *
Space is limited to 6 students to ensure individualized attention during class.
Advance payment is required to reserve your space in class.
We offer several convenient ways for you to register and pay:
- Click here to register online now. (Payment is made securely via PayPal.)
- Stop by the shop (open Fridays/Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Call Cathy or Dave at 703-779-2991